Fall Back in Time

Monday, August 4, 2008

This quilt I just finished as a gift for my good friend Desiree. We became friends about two years ago when we were both pregnant. She was having her first and I was having my second. We both had boys and the were born nine days apart, mine being the oldest. We have been great friends ever since! She has recently decided to take up quilting and sewing. We had our first lesson not that long ago; she did a great job!
Anyway, this quilt is a called "Homeward Bound", according to the pattern, but I have herad others call it "Hopscotch". It is designed for 2 1/2" strips by Bloom Creek (www.bloomcreek.com). I chose a Moda line of fabric called, "Fall Back in Time". The quilting pattern is raindrops which was done on a long arm machine, not by me. I think it turned out great and I hope Desiree likes it too!





4 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful quilt and I really like the color combinations. Great backing fabric also.

Katie said...

Stunning quilt...
Which is why you have won an award, check out my blog for the details!

Amanda Jean said...

it's beautiful! i Love the pattern. so effective with the white background. and the backing is perfect, too.

Ozjane said...

I like it oh so much more than my partly finished Chinese Coins from a jelly roll of the same range.
Not a good range to make a jelly roll of and I am noticing they left out a couple of the florals.

Yours is lovely.